I. Don't. Want. You. (A reflection on the Greek word "ousia")

I've been out of the swing of blogging for a little while. It used to be weekly, and then I sort of fell out of it. I knew I'd probably start up again eventually, but recently I experienced an insight that gave me goosebumps on my goosebumps and I thought: It's Time. So while you may not see me posting every week on Family Fiat (my old, OLD blog), I will do my best to give voice to some of the insights that amaze me in my life, in hopes that they give you some joy, and maybe even goosebumps, too.

So here goes.

Last weekend, I attended one of my monthly sessions for my Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad in Indiana. Flat tire notwithstanding, the weekend was good for my soul. In my "Creed in History and Theology" course, we happened to be talking about Tradition. Tradition comes from the Latin word tradere which means to hand over, or to trade. It isn't so much a noun as it is a verb, an action.

My mind flashed to Luke 15 and my hand shot up.


Read More...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kingdom's Story

The Stairs to Heaven: The Three-Year-Old Climb to Jesus