The Kingdom's Story

Ever since Emma was a baby, I've been writing Catechesis of the Good Shepherd songs. The first one I ever wrote was a song about genuflection. It came to me in the middle of the night while walking her to sleep in her room when she was a teeny baby. Now she makes up piano accompaniments for me.

This song was born from the request of a catechist last week for a way to help the children remember the three great moments of Salvation history (Creation, Redemption, and Parousia). People ask me why I love the Salvation History Chart in level 2 of CGS so much. This song is why!



(When I got back from my afternoon walk today, we decided to get this knocked out before leaving for afternoon activities. So it's not the most professionally done music video, but maybe I'll do a Kickstarter someday and get a CD done. I do have about 17 songs, so no small project....)

By the way, here's a link to the chords Emma worked up for piano. My friend, Brian, also put together some chords in a different key that is easier for guitar. I'll share those when I have the chance!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I. Don't. Want. You. (A reflection on the Greek word "ousia")

The Stairs to Heaven: The Three-Year-Old Climb to Jesus